Monster Mania Artist Commentary - The Blob

Most of my Monster Mania drawings follow a similar format. I draw a full body view or a mugshot view of the monster against a brightly colored abstract background. I like to use simple backgrounds that don’t distract from the monster character. Sometimes I like to experiment and break away from this format. 

In the case of this drawing, I wanted to play around with the idea of a blob monster that is stuck to the paper. If the drawing is presented in a book, the blob is smashed between the pages. If it is presented as a print displayed on a wall, the blob is splattered on the wall. 

I’ve found that I really enjoy drawing snot and ooze and vomit and other gelatinous forms. I much prefer drawing boogers and tumors over drawing buildings and cars. I’ve found my special purpose. 





Popular posts from this blog

Monster Mania Artist Commentary - Monster Plant

Monster Mania Artist Commentary - Zombie Pizza

Monster Mania Artist Commentary - My Tumor Face