Monster Mania Artist Commentary - Spider Face

This drawing was inspired by an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation called “Genesis.” In the episode, Dr. Crusher accidentally creates a virus that infects the crew of the Enterprise and causes them to de-evolve into primitive forms of life. Lieutenant Barclay transforms into a spider creature. The Barclay spider design is asymmetrical. He is half spider and half human. It is a very striking visual. 

I went with a more symmetrical design. More spider than man. I gave my man spider human-like eyes rather than black soulless spider eyes. I think the human-like eyes are more terrifying and more expressive. And big googly eyes are a trademark of my Monster Mania drawings. 





Popular posts from this blog

Monster Mania Artist Commentary - Monster Plant

Monster Mania Artist Commentary - Zombie Pizza

Monster Mania Artist Commentary - My Tumor Face