Monster Mania Artist Commentary - Smiley Face

All of my monsters have skin problems. They are all covered with warts and pimples and skin tags and necrotizing fasciitis. I often hide little smiley faces amongst the constellations of pimples and cysts. A small reward for the people that take the time to closely examine my drawings. It is my version of Where's Waldo. Many of the drawings don’t have a hidden smiley face. Sometimes I forget to draw one. And many of the drawings predate the tradition. 

With this drawing. I wanted the focus to be the Smiley Face. This drawing is a zoom-in view of one of those little Smiley faces growing on the skin of another monster. This little guy is just another skin growth in a sea of warts and pimples. The green goo is a reference to The Watchmen by Alan Moore, Dave Gibbons and John Higgins. And Yes. There is a little Smiley Face hidden in the drawing. I hope this drawing put a smile on your face.







Popular posts from this blog

Monster Mania Artist Commentary - Monster Plant

Monster Mania Artist Commentary - Zombie Pizza

Monster Mania Artist Commentary - My Tumor Face