Monster Mania Artist Commentary - My Tumor Face

Several of the drawings in the Monster Mania series fall into the category of body horror and a few of the drawings are self portraits. This one happens to be both. 

The pandemic super charged my hypochondriac tendencies and I started imagining all of the fun and interesting ways my body could betray me. I started drawing self portraits depicting tumors and pimples and other gross things growing on my body. I’m also obsessed with the idea of conjoined twins and tumors with creepy little faces. I blame David Cronenberg and John Carpenter. 

This drawing was really fun to draw. I always aim for creepy and gross and a little bit cartoonish. I think the more successful drawings are the ones that hit that trifecta. 





Popular posts from this blog

Monster Mania Artist Commentary - Monster Plant

Monster Mania Artist Commentary - Zombie Pizza