Monster Mania Artist Commentary - Monarch

When I was a child, I loved to play with bugs and draw bugs and study bugs. My next door neighbor’s house was surrounded by a beautiful flower garden that attracted swarms of bumble bees, grasshoppers, praying mantises and butterflies. It was bug heaven.

But that was the 80s. I rarely see a grasshopper or a monarch butterfly these days. I imagine this Monarch Butterfly has mutated in order to survive global warming and deforestation and droughts and pesticides and herbicides and angry birds and hungry spiders. This Monarch Butterfly’s nectar is human blood. It has seen things and it has done things. Terrible. Horrible. Things. But it is still a beautiful butterfly. 







Popular posts from this blog

Monster Mania Artist Commentary - Monster Plant

Monster Mania Artist Commentary - Zombie Pizza

Monster Mania Artist Commentary - My Tumor Face